Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Moving Forward...

123RF Stock Photo
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s Providence. ~Augustine 

Christmas was rough.   Things were different this year.  My Dad was in and out of the hospital during the holiday season.  My Mom and I spent hours in the ER and drove across town numerous times to visit him.  Our family had to adjust to different schedules and make sacrifices.  That’s what family does when someone is hurting and needs extended care.

I make plans loosely.  I don’t concern myself with, “what about tomorrow?”  I have learned to stay flexible when it comes to schedules and the unpredictable.

I say all this to say, “Do not fret about the future… it will fret enough for itself.”  (Matthew 6:34)

As we move into a new year, keep in mind that God often uses difficult times to draw us unto Himself.  My New Year’s resolution is to purpose to spend more time in His Word and in prayer.  Surely these past few weeks has laid a foundation for that practice.  I am more committed than ever to stay connected to Him in meaningful ways. 

I am determined to nurture the Mary half and squelch the Martha half in me as I move forward.  Each one has an important part in my spiritual well-being, but right now in this moment in time I need to sit at the Master’s feet.

2014 will be a year like no other.  Each year has trials and triumphs, tribulations and trouble.  No matter what – God will prevail.   I need only to defer to His leading and walk in the steps He has ordained for me.

I press forward – that I may grasp all that Christ Jesus has for me, knowing that He has first ordained that which He has given me.  (Philippians 3:12)

I get frustrated and impatient at times… we all do.  But one thing is sure:  people take precedence over plans.  God has ordained the family unit and we are to take care of each other in a manner that brings glory to Him.  It matters not that you receive no thanks or that the recipient of your actions don’t take notice.  It is a labor of love, not a drudgery of duty.

Let this New Year awaken a drowsy Spirit and a lackluster desire to be all that you can be for God.  Move forward in confidence.  

Don’t dwell on what is past.  Look for God’s signposts as you purpose to do His Will.  It will be different this year.  (Isaiah 43:18-19)

Enjoy these Blog posts from past New Years -











Deborah is the author of a Christian non-fiction book titled “Mission Possible”. It is written for women who love the Lord Jesus, but their spouse doesn’t share their passion.  It will encourage and challenge the reader to embrace God’s promises for their spouse and future together. 


If you have been encouraged by this post - please take time to share it with others.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Feed Shark