Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Tribute to My Dad on Father's Day

Me and my Dad - circa 1965
It's Father's Day...the first Father's Day since my Dad passed away.

I miss his smile, his sense of humor, his reassuring words. I was his firstborn. He played ball with me, helped me built a tree house, and taught me how to ride a bike. He gave me driving lessons in our VW bus on the Navy base we were stationed at. He walked me down the aisle my first marriage and welcomed me home when it didn't work out four years later. He was happy for me when I remarried and learned to love my current husband like his own son.

Dad's have a way of making us feel secure.

They are often the first to give their approval and help build our self esteem. They watch over us and often stand between us and a cruel world.

Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a caring, loving Dad. I was blessed to have him in my life for many years. Dad was just shy of 84 years old when he died. My parents had just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary in December.

Our Heavenly Father will be your Abba (daddy) when yours is not able to. He loves you with an everlasting love. He will never leave you or forsake you. (Joshua 1:5)

Here is a link to my last post about my journey with Dad during his illness  God's Amazing Love

Father's Day is an opportunity to thank our Dads, husbands, sons, and others in our lives that have played a fatherly role.  Below are four of my past Father's Day posts that you might enjoy reading...





HAPPY FATHER'S DAY - Celebrate your Dad while you still can...








Deborah is the author of a Christian non-fiction book titled “Mission Possible”. It is written for women who love the Lord Jesus, but their spouse doesn’t share their passion.  It will encourage and challenge the reader to embrace God’s promises for their spouse and future together. 


If you have been encouraged by this post - please take time to share it with others.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Feed Shark