Sunday, April 9, 2017

Lamb of God - Savior Mine

We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us.   (I John 3:16 NRSV)






Alas! and did my Savior bleed
And did my Sovereign die?
Would He devote that sacred head
For sinners such as I?

Was it for sins that I have done
He suffered on the tree?
Amazing Pity! grace unknown!
And love beyond degree!

Well might the sun in darkness hide
And shut His glories in,
When Christ, the great Redeemer, died
For man the creature's sin.

Thus might I hide my blushing face
While His dear cross appears,
Dissolve my heart in thankfulness,
And melt mine eyes to tears.

But drops of grief can ne'er repay
The debt of love I owe;
Here, Lord, I give myself away -
'Tis all that I can do.

~Isaac Watts  (1674-1748)




Enjoy these past Easter posts:




            Bunnies, Baskets and Bulbs              

                                                        Easter - The Promise     
           















Deborah is the author of a Christian non-fiction book titled “Mission Possible”. It is written for women who love the Lord Jesus, but their spouse doesn’t share their passion.  It will encourage and challenge the reader to embrace God’s promises for their spouse and future together. 

If you have been encouraged by this post - please take time to share it with others.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Feed Shark