Friday, February 10, 2017

3 Things We Know About God's Love

Valentine's Day often reminds us of why we love someone...

Those we love capture our hearts. They can arouse strong feelings of joy, pride, and deep devotion.

Love is a verb - it is passionate, purposeful and continual.  The Apostle Paul describes love for us in I Corinthians 13:4-8.  Biblical love has many important characteristics that are often contrary to what society tells us about love.

What defines love for you? Who is the recipient of your affection? It could be your "first love" or perhaps your very best friend. It might be someone in your family like a spouse, a child, a parent or a sibling.

God's Word is His "Love Letter" to us. 
So - what does it have to say about His love?


1.   God's love is sacrificial
      In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.  (I John 4:10)

2.   God's love is relational
      As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.  (John 15:9)

3.   God's love is eternal
      The Lord has appeared of old to me saying: Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.  (Jeremiah 31:3)





Enjoy some Valentine's Day "Favorite Past Posts"









How do I love Thee, Lord Jesus?

1.    He demonstrated His own love toward me, that while I was still a sinner, 
Christ died for me (Romans 5:8).

2.    For God so loved the world (me) that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever 
believed in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

3.    For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for me, that I might become the 
righteousness of God in Him (II Corinthians 5:21).

4.    Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed on me, that I 
should be called a child of God (I John 3:1).

5.    By this I know love, because He laid down His life for me (I John 3:16).

6.    But the Lord is faithful, who will establish me and guard me from the evil one (II Thess.3:3).

7.    He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was 
manifest in these last times for me (I Peter 1:20).

8.    For I was like a sheep going astray, but have now returned to the 
Shepherd and Overseer of my soul (I Peter 2:25).

9.    For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring me to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit (I Peter 3:18).

10.    I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God 
while I have my being (Psalm 104:33).


Celebrate this Valentine's Day knowing your Heavenly Father 
loves and embraces you just the way your are!








Deborah is the author of a Christian non-fiction book titled “Mission Possible”. It is written for women who love the Lord Jesus, but their spouse doesn’t share their passion.  It will encourage and challenge the reader to embrace God’s promises for their spouse and future together. 

If you have been encouraged by this post - please take time to share it with others.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Feed Shark