- Almost 49 percent of the marriages end up in divorces
- First marriages end up in divorces in an average duration of just less than 8 years
- 60 percent of all divorces are related to individuals aged 25 to 39
- There were more than 21 million divorces in the year 2000. In the same year, 58 million couples were married and still lived separated
- The average male age for a second divorce was 40.4 years and the average female age was 37.3 years in 1990
- The divorce rate of first time marriages is almost 10 percent lesser than the divorce rate for second marriages
- Over a 40 year period, 67 percent of first marriages terminate in a divorce and 50 percent of these divorces take place within the first 7 years
- Every year more than 1 million children are affected by divorce
They have a daughter who is a toddler, and they are now living in different states. Theirs is an all too familiar story regarding marital strife and miscommunication. It always takes two to unravel a marriage. There is plenty of blame to “go around”.
Someone else out there in the World Wide Web will read this post and cling to hope regarding their family situation. My message to you is: Hold onto your hope (Psalm 27:13-14) and watch what God can do in the midst of an impossible dilemma. God is a God of Restoration, Regeneration, and Renewal. Anything is possible with God…
They both need to be ministered to. They both need to understand that God still loves them and has a plan for them individually. They both must discover who God is and submit to His Lordship. They both need to mature and set aside their differences and work together for the benefit of their daughter.