There unfortunately are things that you begin to dislike about him [your husband]. We are to '"love the sinner, but hate the sin." There were times I had to pray, "Lord, give me a desire for my husband... help me to love him with Your love, because I don't like him very much right now." Remember, you have to "take every thought captive, unto the obedience of Christ" (II Corinthians 10:5). Give it to God and then you will have peace. Isaiah 3:26 says, "You will keep him [her] in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.""Let not your heart be troubled..." (John 14:1). You will have peace when you give these struggles to God, and let Him keep them.
- He reminds me that Hollywood and advertisers would have me believe that every day is to be filled with roses and smiles and dreams come true.
- He reminds me that I have a loving and devoted husband, even though he has not yet given his life to Christ yet.
- He reminds me that feelings last for a season, but commitment is everlasting.
- He reminds me that I tend to look at other marriages through “rose-colored glasses”.
- He reminds me that nothing affects His love for me – not even my doubt.